how to build a yurt
do it yourself
This is an exert. Click here for the full article.
Tools and Materials
To build your yurt you will need the following tools and materials:
- good sharp handsaw
- coping saw or electric jig-saw
- electric drill
- 3.5mm drill bit
- 1” (25mm) wood drill bit
- sliding bevel
- four or more G-cramps
- smoothing plane
- sharp knife
- a strong sewing machine (an old Singer hand machine is good)
- 95 wooden rods 5 feet (1.52m) long and approximately 1” (25mm) diameter, or slats ½ x 1-2 inch (13x25-50mm)
- strong nylon string, 80 yards (73m)
- 40 square yards (34m²) of waterproof canvas
- 2 square yards (2m²) of plastic coated canvas
- 9 square feet (1m²) of 1 inch (25mm) thick timber, or 18 sq. feet (2m²) of ½ inch (13mm)
- 26 yards (24 m) of rope
- wood glue
- linseed oil (one pint [500ml])
- strong thread to sew cover
- 60 brass eyelets (grommets)
Oh, man, guys! I’m so sorry. I didn’t realize anybody else liked yurts as much as me. Silly me.
DO NOT WORRY. I WILL UPDATE.
I HEREBY dedicate this blog to yurt lovers everywhere!